The Corporate Sustainability Unit set ambitions, develop policies and drive performance for Equinor and is part of the Business Area Global Strategy and Business development.
We’re Equinor, an international energy company with a proud history. Formerly Statoil, we are 20,000 committed colleagues developing oil, gas, wind and solar energy in more than 30 countries worldwide. We’re the largest operator in Norway, among the world’s largest offshore operators, and a growing force in renewables. Driven by our Nordic urge to explore beyond the horizon, and our dedication to safety, equality and sustainability, we’re building a global business on our values and the energy needs of the future.
The Global Strategy and Business Development (GSB) business area aims to bring together corporate strategy, business development and merger and acquisition (M&A) activities to actively drive the corporate development of Equinor. GSB will set strong strategic direction and identify, develop and deliver opportunities for global growth for Equinor. This will be achieved through close collaboration across geography and business areas.
Corporate sustainability is organized with one team responsible for Strategy, Performance and Reporting, two Policy teams, one based in Oslo and one in London, a Competence and capacity function as well the Climate roadmap implementation project.
- The role reports to SVP Corporate sustainability and will be part of the Corporate Sustainability Management team
- Lead the Policy team, Norway
- Help shape sustainability policies, and lead and drive key sustainability initiatives. The person will have a key role in developing climate policies.
- Strengthen engagement with stakeholders, in particular Norwegian and select international institutions and NGOs on prioritized sustainability policy
- We hope to attract a candidate recognized as a strong performer on sustainability, stakeholder management and change mangagement, with experience from policy development and climate policy. The person should be an inspiring and professional leader for the own team. The right leadership candidate will be able to act as a key advisor to top management on key climate and sustainability related policies, sustainability trends and stakeholder management and will be able to represent Equinor at the highest level.
- 10 years of relevant experience preferred
- Relevant experience may compensate for formal qualifications
- Strong communciation and interpersonal skills and a cooperative nature is a prerequisite. The candidate must have experience and ability to to work in a strategic, dynamic and complex setting.
- Ability to live by «I am safety» expectations
We offer competitive salaries, a general bonus scheme, good pension and insurance schemes and a comprehensive welfare package. Equinor wants to ensure diversity in terms of gender, age and culture.
Make sure that we are able to give your application consideration: Please attach copies of your diplomas, certificates and grades in English or Norwegian (or another Scandinavian language). Applications submitted without such attachments will unfortunately not be evaluated. If you are in the process of completing a degree, please upload an official temporary transcript or other document describing subjects and grades completed to this point.
Our values are to be courageous, open, collaborative and caring. We believe in these qualities, which are essential for building an even stronger Equinor. If you can identify with them, you could be the one to strengthen our team.
Candidates are expected to openly offer all relevant information about themselves during the recruitment process.
All hires will be screened against relevant sanctions lists to ensure compliance with sanctions law and increase security.
If you have questions about the position or the process please send an email to email@example.com
Please be aware that no applications or attachments to applications will be accepted via email.