Formerly Statoil, we are 20,000 committed colleagues developing oil, gas, wind and solar energy in more than 30 countries worldwide. We’re the largest operator in Norway, among the world’s largest offshore operators, and a growing force in renewables. Driven by our Nordic urge to explore beyond the horizon, and our dedication to safety, equality and sustainability, we’re building a global business on our values and the energy needs of the future.
Legal (LEG) is the competence unit for all legal matters related to the Equinor group’s business areas and corporate activities and consist of legal experts, specialists, consultants, and qualified support personnel. The department has overall responsibility for advising on all legal matters and on ethics and anti-corruption compliance, undertaking Integrity Due Diligence research and acting as the Corporate Bodies’ secretariat within the Equinor group.
LEGAL Business Ethics and Compliance (LEG BEC), headed by the Chief Compliance Officer, is divided into teams that cover anti-corruption, money laundering, fraud, trade sanctions and competition compliance. LEG BEC is also responsible for the Equinor group’s Code of Conduct and its whistleblower channel.
We are recruiting a Legal Counsel to join our anti-corruption team (LEG BEC ACE).
LEG BEC ACE is responsible for providing legal advice on all matters relating to anti-corruption, money laundering and fraud. The team supports the business line and management in addressing and managing the legal compliance risks of Equinor`s operations and business relationships. LEG BEC ACE also develops and implements Equinor`s Anti-Corruption and Fraud Prevention Compliance Programs.
The team members report to Manager LEG BEC ACE.
- Provide legal advice on the anti-corruption and anti-money laundering framework applicable to Equinor`s operations.
- Take the lead in addressing and addressing compliance risks in corporate transactions (M&A), participate into the legal due diligence processes, contract negotiations and in shaping Equinor`s risk management plans for each investment worldwide in the areas of oil, gas and new energy (solar and wind).
- Support our global business in Assessing and and addressing compliance risks in our asset.
- Support the management in executing Equinor`s business strategy focusing on and addressing compliance risks, and in meeting the expectations of Equinor`s multiple stakeholders.
- Liaise and consult with personnel on all levels across the organization to identify business area- and country-specific compliance risks.
- Provide practical guidance and strategic advice to the business line in how to sufficiently protect Equinor.
- Participate in strengthening Equinor’s compliance programs on anti-corruption and money laundering.
- Arrange training and workshops for management and employees on applicable compliance framework and on Equinor`s approach in how to manage these risks.
- Strong academic qualifications.
- Around 3-5 years relevant experience, preferably from top-tier law firms, consulting firms, public prosecution or equivalent in-house legal teams.
- Knowledge and interest in national and international anti-corruption legislation, in particular the US Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, the UK Bribery Act and the Norwegian anti-corruption legislation.
- Knowledge in other relevant laws including criminal law, corporate law and corporate governance requirements.
- Experience from working with/advising on risk assessments and/or advising on compliance matters and compliance programs.
- An analytical mind, well organized and structured work style
- The ability to work calmly under pressure and make decisions in complex situations
- Proactive and self-motivated and able to deal with uncertainty
- Positive and confident
- Strong team work capabilities and ability to lead projects and drive change
- Excellent writing skills as well as effective verbal communications and influencing skills
- Ability to live by our safety and security expectations.
We offer competitive salaries, a general bonus scheme, good pension and insurance schemes and a comprehensive welfare package. Equinor wants to ensure diversity in terms of gender, age and culture.
Make sure that we are able to give your application consideration: Please attach copies of your diplomas, certificates and grades in English or Norwegian (or another Scandinavian language). Applications submitted without such attachments will unfortunately not be evaluated. If you are in the process of completing a degree, please upload an official temporary transcript or other document describing subjects and grades completed to this point.
Our values are to be courageous, open, collaborative and caring. We believe in these qualities, which are essential for building an even stronger Equinor. If you can identify with them, you could be the one to strengthen our team.
Candidates are expected to openly offer all relevant information about themselves during the recruitment process.
All hires will be screened against relevant sanctions lists to ensure compliance with sanctions law and increase security.
If you have questions about the position or the process please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please be aware that no applications or attachments to applications will be accepted via email.