Equinor is an international energy company with a proud history. Formerly Statoil, we are 20,000 committed colleagues developing oil, gas, wind and solar energy in more than 30 countries worldwide. We’re the largest operator in Norway, among the world’s largest offshore operators, and a growing force in renewables. Driven by our Nordic urge to explore beyond the horizon, and our dedication to safety, equality and sustainability, we’re building a global business on our values and the energy needs of the future.
The Chief Financial Officer’s (CFO) organisation is a driving force behind the creation of greater value in the company. We are responsible for the financial and legal functions, providing professional support and advice, and for representing the group in financial markets. A key task for us is to ensure high levels of ethical and financial compliance with corporate and external requirements. By means of active stakeholder management, CFO will manage the market perception of Equinor in Norwegian and international financial markets.
Equinor have launch a company-wide digital roadmap to accelerate value creation from digital technologies. Equinor’s ambition it to be a digital leader within its core operations. Digital technologies will improve safety, increase value creation, reduce the carbon footprint from our operations and enable new business models.
Equinor has always been a leader in application of cutting edge IT technologies and we have accumulated vast quantities of data – 26 petabytes today and 2500 petabytes expected by 2030. However, the full potential of these data is yet to be unlocked using advances in technology such as cloud computing and microservice architectures, application of advanced analytical algorithms within machine learning, deep learning, cognitive computing and artificial intelligence, and most importantly – your passion and creativity! The IT unit in Global Business Services (GBS) is the internal IT service provider in Equinor. GBS IT support and deliver business driven IT solutions throughout the company. We work closely with the business to ensure they have the right tools and data in place. GBS IT are working on developing digital solutions and services for the different business areas supporting their digital roadmaps. Based on our knowledge to existing solutions and data we will be an important part of the digitalization of Equinor.
Data engineers will have an important role in enabling and ensuring a data driven organisation.
- The position is responsible for creating and maintaining the architectures platforms that secure efficient data availability and accessibility for data scientists to perform analyses and gain business insight.
- Construct and maintain architectures from data acquisition and integration from various resources, transformation, quality and accessibility.
- Recommend and implement improvements for data acquisition, reliability, efficiency and quality.
- Work with database systems and data lake’s utilizing data APIs, ETL tools, scripting languages to perform data modelling, cleaning and manipulation
- Implementation of data governance from, storage technologies, virtualization technologies, API gateways to data catalog and data models
- Data profiling and data analysis using emerging data technologies
- Participate in vendor landscape and technology assessments
- Champion the company adoption and ongoing use of our data platforms
- Participate in relevant IT and data networks across the company
- Work and collaborate closely with data architects, data scientists and software engineers and digital projects across the business areas in the company
- Work location: Stavanger, Bergen or Oslo
- Experience in designing and building Big Data solutions using Hadoop or NoSQL databases
- Experience in working with large platform solutions eco-system such as Azure Cortana Suite
- Experience with coding in one or more: Python, R or PowerShell
- Experience in working with version control, continuous integration and automated tests
- Understanding of traditional ETL tools, RDBMS, SQL
- Strong interest in growing your own technology skills
- 5-7 years relevant experience within information technology
- Master’s degree in IT
- Curious and open minded
- Positive attitude to take on challenges in unknown territory
- Service minded and have a good business understanding
- Team player: open and willingly sharing knowledge and experience
- Self-sufficient and rich in initiative
- Creative in finding workable solutions
- Systematic and analytical
- Holistic approach to solutions
- Ability to live by «I am safety» expectations
We offer competitive salaries, a general bonus scheme, good pension and insurance schemes and a comprehensive welfare package. Equinor wants to ensure diversity in terms of gender, age and culture.
Make sure that we are able to give your application consideration: Please attach copies of your diplomas, certificates and grades in English or Norwegian (or another Scandinavian language). Applications submitted without such attachments will unfortunately not be evaluated. If you are in the process of completing a degree, please upload an official temporary transcript or other document describing subjects and grades completed to this point.
Our values are to be courageous, open, collaborative and caring. We believe in these qualities, which are essential for building an even stronger Equinor. If you can identify with them, you could be the one to strengthen our team.
Candidates are expected to openly offer all relevant information about themselves during the recruitment process.
All hires will be screened against relevant sanctions lists to ensure compliance with sanctions law and increase security.
This ad is part of an ongoing recruitment. Applications will be looked into and handled on a continuous basis.
If you have questions about the position or the process please send an email to Digirecr@statoil.com
Please be aware that no applications or attachments to applications will be accepted via email.
Title and discipline band will be decided based on the candidate’s experience