This role will be performed in line with all Corporate processes, procedures, templates and tools as described within the Aker BP Business Management System. The Area/Asset Portfolio Planner reports to the relevant Portfolio Performance Lead and will undertake tasks as directed to fulfil both Asset and Business Unit planning requirements. This position will have a functional/discipline reporting line to the Projects BU Planning Manager, who holds personnel responsibility for this role.
- Main tasks
- Act as Projects BU Planning System owner for an Area/Asset, with single point total portfolio overview – portfolio shall include development projects (from DG0), all types of modification projects (Cat 1 through 4) and decommissioning projects
- Provide Project Planning support (via the Portfolio Performance Lead) to the Projects Area Vice President, the Facilities Project Manager, and any Business Unit who is required to integrate to the Projects portfolio
- Ensure consistent application of Corporate standards across all projects in the portfolio with close cooperation towards the other Area/Asset Portfolio Planners
- Foster close relationship between Projects and Integrated Activity Planning group, ensuring portfolio is fully integrated to the overall Integrated Plan for the Asset
- Have responsibility for early phase planning between DG0 and DG3 and ensure distribution of planning information to project Alliance Partners and Contracting companies as they become involved in a Project
- Integrate all project data from all relevant parties, including other Business Units, Alliance Partners and Contracting companies, to provide an Area/Asset project portfolio overview
- Develop and maintain project WBS according to corporate standard WBS methodology for each phase, that properly reflects the project scope, interfaces and execution methodology
- Develop project schedules and set performance baselines according to corporate requirements
- Ensure application of Corporate planning requirements across all projects within the Asset/Area portfolio
- Liaise closely with Estimating and Cost Disciplines to ensure proper alignment between Cost/Estimate and Schedule
- Build and run schedule risk models and provide schedule risk reports according to Corporate procedures in portfolio, project or sub-project risk analysis exercises
- Provide review and analysis of schedules supplied by contractor companies, internal corporate business units and/or alliance partners and integrate these within the Asset/Area portfolio
- Monitor, control and report project status at regular intervals throughout the project lifecycle
- Highlight potential schedule risks and/or opportunities and recommend mitigating or exploiting actions for each
- Provide input to Corporate Business Controlling Group as part of the Long-Range Business Planning process as required
- Perform schedule close-out activities according to corporate requirements
- Set objectives and goals for his / her area of responsibility to contribute to achieving the objectives for the portfolio to which they are assigned
- Drive continuous improvement to ensure project planning in their assigned area is flow efficient and avoids duplication of effort between stakeholders
- Assist in the development and implementation of new technology and tools to digitalise the planning process
- Any other Planning related activities as prescribed by the Company
- An engineering qualification to degree level is desirable but not essential
- Minimum of 8yrs experience in a similar planning position
- Strong English- and Norwegian skills are required
- Have a wide-ranging experience in various Oil & Gas related project types, from minor offshore modification projects through to major greenfield development and decommissioning projects through all phases
- Have an in-depth understanding of offshore development project execution methodology and the associated Decision Gate processes
- Be an advanced user of Industry Standard planning and scheduling software (Oracle Primavera P6 is the primary planning tool in Aker BP)
- Have a proven track record of building and running risk models using Primavera Risk Analysis, Deltek Acumen or Safran Risk
- Self-starter with a strong delivery focus, excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Should have a strong team ethic
- Be fully open to new ideas and methods of working
- Strong and effective communication skills. Willing to receive/give constructive feedback.
- Flexible and adaptable to handle changing priorities and new tasks
- Open minded team player with ability to influence, share knowledge and interface with a wide range of teams / disciplines / strategic partners
- Fully engaged in driving continuous improvement, using Lean methodology, towards providing a best in class planning service
- Ability to recognize, highlight and recommend solutions to schedule issues, make decisions and drive progress
- Behavior in accordance with Aker BP «SAFER» values
Aker BP har en klar ambisjon – bli det ledende offshore lete- og produksjonsselskapet. Vi utfordrer standard praksis i olje- og gassindustrien. Vi er nå på jakt etter folk som ønsker å delta i arbeidet med å endre bransjen og fremme nødvendige endringer.
Fremtiden vil kreve smartere og mer effektive løsninger for vår virksomhet. Vi trenger kreative og kompetente personer til å utvikle idéer og konsepter for offshore leting og produksjon.
Aker BP kan tilby spennende vekst- og utviklingsmuligheter for de rette kandidatene. Vårt selskap er en perfekt arena for kreative, innovative og dristige idéer. Hos oss blir du med på å skape vår fremtid. Du kan utgjøre en forskjell!
Aker BP er et lete- og produksjonsselskap på norsk kontinentalsokkel. Vi er et av de største uavhengige oljeselskapene i Europa, og vi har store ambisjoner. Selskapet søker nye muligheter for vekst og verdiskaping gjennom både letevirksomhet og fusjonerings- og oppkjøpsaktiviteter.