Describe and set corporate requirements and strategies for emergency response and contribute to a culture of continuous improvement in the HSE in general and emergency response in particular.
This position reports to HSE Manager Emergency Preparedness and Response.
Duties and responsibilities
The functional areas for this role will be:
- Accountable for having an effective and robust onshore emergency response organisation at all levels including procedures, training, exercises, crisis management system, verify adherence to set requirements and operative emergency response rooms.
- Accountable for emergency response plans for office buildings, including onshore normalisation plans (Business Continuity Plans) and set corporate requirements in these areas. Support offshore emergency preparedness advisor on request
- As part of the HSSE department, contribute to improve HSSE in the company, and build a strong emergency preparedness and response culture.
- Preparation of emergency response processes, plans and requirements for incident management organization, including emergency response to employees stationed abroad, as well as Aker BP personnel being exposed to security and hostage situations
- In cooperation with emergency preparedness advisor, contribute to develop risk-based training plans and conduct exercises for the response lines; 1st, 2nd 3rd line and organization managing long lasting incidents (AKL)
- Build capacity in organization to manage long lasting incidents, i.e. an Incident Management Team with capacity beyond 72 hours, including prudent and efficient handling of “next of kin”
- Conduct self-verification of emergency response processes and requirements
- Liaise with Security and Logistics to ensure premises and plans for security and emergency response are jointly and prudently followed up and that 3rd party resources are capable to respond according to requirements (e.g. Base operation and Helicopter terminals)
- Subject matter expert and key responsible for implementation and follow-up of new/current regulatory requirements with area of responsibility
- Performance manage vendors within emergency response deliveriesContribute to develop alliances within HSE/business to improve value and quality of business deliveries and follow up as appropriate
- Take part or lead investigations and contribute to further develop investigation procedures and teams
- Participate in forums and interact with relevant authorities within emergency response as PSA, Coastal Administration, Maritime directorate, Joint rescue Coordination Centre, Police, etc
- Stay in touch with industry/research & development (R&D, e.g. industry networks) to continuously identify best practice relevant for profession and our business
- Support in development of department budget
- Ensure compliance to Norwegian Legislation and Aker BP standards & processes and values (SAFER)
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in relevant topics.
- 10 years’ experience in Emergency Response and Crisis management, from analyses to plans and exercises
- Good knowledge of, and experience with, governmental organisations in rescue and emergency response
- Good practical and technical knowledge of the petroleum industry and emergency response, and best practice in particular
- Good knowledge in Norwegian rules and regulations
- Experience in investigation and MTO methodology
- Experience in risk analyses and Business Continuity analyses & plans
- Good communication and team work skills
- Fluent in Norwegian and English
- Ability to anchor commitments and follow up work independently, build and maintain relationship with key individuals
- Performance driven
- Analytic and accurate
- Systematic and structured approach
- One team approach to deliver the company’s strategy and goals
- Strategic attitude, influential in creating understanding for emergency response solutions
- Good communication skills. Being a listener, but also speak clearly and network decisions
- Continuous improvement attitude within emergency response solutions
- Take initiative, solution oriented and drive workflows forward
- Be positive and motivate personnel to see benefits and results
Join Aker BP in changing the industry
Aker BP has a clear ambition to become the leading exploration and production company offshore. We are challenging the standard practices in the oil and gas industry. Now we are looking for people who want to take part in changing the industry and driving the improvements needed.
The future needs smarter and more efficient solutions for our business. We need creative and competent people to develop ideas and concepts for exploration and production offshore.
Aker BP provides exciting growth and development opportunities for the right candidates. The company is a perfect arena for creative, innovative, and daring ideas. We let you influence our future. You can make a change!
Aker BP is an exploration and production company on the Norwegian Continental Shelf. We are an ambitious Company, and we are one of the largest independent oil companies in Europe. The company is targeting further opportunities for growth and value creation through exploration and inorganic growth.
Aker BP has around 1400 employees distributed at our facilities offshore and onshore, with the headquarters just outside Oslo. Aker BP is owned by Aker ASA (40 %), BP (30 %) and other shareholders (30 %).