A Centre of Excellence (CoE) is a network of competencies, expertise and knowledge that work towards common improvement goals. The Centre of Excellence shall actively drive long term technology development and implementation and improvement of project delivery expertise beyond the Aker BP alliance projects. In addition to driving the improvement agenda through the CoE, the project manager will play a key role in further development of our assets. Aker BP has established four CoE’s within project execution; Subsea, Modifications, Wellhead Platforms and Field Centres.
The position will be responsible for leading the CoE on behalf of VP Projects and strongly contribute to Projects involvement in asset development.
Main tasks include:
- Lead the Centre of Excellence Core Team
- Planning and execution of network activities including meetings and workshops
- External networking and involvement of external stakeholders
- Establish and follow up improvement agenda and KPIs for the Centre of Excellence
- Project Manager for relevant improvement projects within Centre of Excellence
- Work internally and externally with promotion of the Centre of Excellence
- Lead early phase- and field development projects
- 10+ years of experience with development projects in the oil and gas industry
- Experience as Project Manager and/or as Senior Project Engineer
- Experience with improvement projects and establishment and development of project delivery models considered an advantage
- We are looking for candidates with experience from both subsea and topside projects
- Capable of challenging «established truths»
- Team player with strong networking capabilities
- Strong commitment to delivering according to work scope and requirements
- Structured and able to coordinate across functions
- Committed to and able to develop a strong HSE culture
- Strong improvement approach
About Aker BP
Aker BP has a clear ambition – to become the leading offshore exploration and production company. We are challenging standard practices in the oil and gas industry. Now we are looking for people who want to take part in changing the industry and driving necessary improvements.
The future will require smarter and more efficient solutions for our business. We need creative and competent people to develop ideas and concepts for offshore exploration and production.
Aker BP provides exciting growth and development opportunities for the right candidates. The company is a perfect arena for creative, innovative and bold ideas. We let you influence our future. You can make a difference!
Aker BP is an exploration and production company on the Norwegian Continental Shelf. We are one of the largest independent oil companies in Europe, and we have significant ambitions. The company targets further opportunities for growth and value creation through both exploration and merger and acquisition activities.