The position reports to the Mechanical Engineering manager.
The main purpose of this role is to be the focal point for all lifting activities related to mainly Projects, to support the project teams to provide safe, repeatable, in-control and efficient lifting operations and equipment selection.
The scope of services to be provided is within systems engineering and work processes for mechanical lifting engineering disciplines.
The position holder will demonstrate strong commitment to the HSSE and Integrity standards within Aker BP when carrying out the responsibilities, delivering safe, efficient and reliable operations within the framework of BMS.
The position holder supports Aker BP Operations common strategies in addition to secure transfer of experience to improve efficiency and standardization for Lifting equipment in Projects for safe and effective material handling and lifting operations in the complete life cycle of the field.
- Support selection of governing documents applicable for projects
- Support projects by providing Lifting knowledge as needed to ensure that projects adhere to regulatory requirements, appropriate Aker BP specifications, and quality management requirements.
- Participate in design reviews and HAZID
- Provide local Lifting Engineering experience to support Brownfield and Greenfield Projects for design of material handling (ref. NORSOK R-002 Annex B) and select concepts for lifting equipment in projects;
- Support and prepare planning of lifting operations performed in projects;
- Recommend improvement activities within the lifting discipline in project;
- Responsible for follow up Lesson Learned, investigations and actions within the lifting discipline for projects
- 5-10 years of experience from project execution and operations for Lifting equipment and material handling
- Good knowledge about government requirements, Norwegian and international standards for Lifting equipment and material handling
- Demonstrated flexibility to take on new challenges
- Technology development experience is an advantage
- Wide organizational/network experience is an advantage
- College / University, Master’s degree
- High ethical awareness and focus on Aker BP values (Investigating, Responsible, Predictable, Engaged and Respectful) including HSE goals
- Good technical knowledge and understanding of Lifting equipment and material handling
- Commercial mind-set
- Excellent collaborating skills and ability to share experience
- Structured, process oriented and hands on
- Focus on improvement and grow
- Full or part time (%): 100%
- The opportunity to join us in creating the leading independent offshore E&P company.
Aker BP has a clear ambition – to become the leading offshore exploration and production company. We are challenging standard practices in the oil and gas industry. Now we are looking for people who want to take part in changing the industry and driving necessary improvements.
The future will require smarter and more efficient solutions for our business. We need creative and competent people to develop ideas and concepts for offshore exploration and production.
Aker BP provides exciting growth and development opportunities for the right candidates. The company is a perfect arena for creative, innovative and bold ideas. We let you influence our future. You can make a difference!
Aker BP is an exploration and production company on the Norwegian Continental Shelf. We are one of the largest independent oil companies in Europe, and we have significant ambitions. The company targets further opportunities for growth and value creation through both exploration and merger and acquisition activities.