The Aker BP Logistics and Operational Support Department fulfils two key roles enabling Aker BP in creating the leading independent E&P offshore company: We provide supply base services and aviation-, vessel- and cargo transport services to all assets and business units within Aker BP. We also secure operational discipline, drive risk awareness and quality control in our aviation and marine operations, through our teams of functional experts.
Aker BP Logistics and Operational Support has a clear ambition: to be the front runner in our industry on digitalization, securing flow efficient and just-in-time logistics. Supply chains are transforming across several sectors, and the improvement potential for the Oil & Gas industry is vast. Therefore, the Logistics Improvement & Performance (I&P) team are looking for candidates who challenge traditional ways of working, adopt new technologies and build innovative solutions that drives business excellence.
The I&P-team contributes directly to the acceleration of improvement and digitalisation initiatives, through the use of improvement science methods, and a “Plan-Do-Study-Act” approach. The I&P team also delivers value to operated licenses, alliances and business units by facilitating cost leading buyer behavior: provision of key logistics performance data, business case analyses and insight that continuously improves the way we run our business. Aker BP is in the driving seat of the ongoing collaboration with other NCS operators to deliver a digital platform for the standardisation and cooperation in supply chain and transport services. This collaboration has provided the basis for our ongoing effort to develop a self-orchestrating digital platform and data driven supply chain and logistics. Naturally, the logistics I&P team contributes to the solution development.
Specifically, the I&P professional will provide performance analyses and support logistics improvement and digitalisation initiatives within the Logistics and Operational Support department, as well as relevant initiatives within all operated assets in Aker BP, to our Business Units and to our cross-industry Alliances. The role builds on analytical insight, an understanding of logistics processes, sound project management skills and a strong interest in the use of digital technology. The role involves significant amounts of cross-functional collaboration across the Aker BP business. Due to the high visibility within the organization on high impact initiatives, the role therefore requires good communication skills that contributes to the Aker BP “One-Team” way of working.
With our agile and engaged organization, management and owners we believe we are uniquely positioned to succeed with digitalization and transforming the way we do logistics. But we are far from having all the answers – and this is why we need you!
Duties and responsibilities
Process improvement and digitalisation projects
- Lead and manage logistics improvement and digitalisation initiatives
- Apply the Lean improvement toolbox where relevant
- Communicate effectively with relevant stakeholders on progress and need for action
Performance data and analyses
- Contribute to the development, implementation and follow up of KPIs and performance reporting
- Creation and improvement of business intelligence visualisation solutions in Power BI
- Prepare consolidated resource demand forecasts for helicopters and vessels
- Develop business cases
- Performance benchmarking of assets logistics efficiency
- Analyse performance data and provide insight and guidance to all customers of the centre
- Collaborate with key people within our business to embed cost leading and professional buyer behaviour of logistics services
- Provide data and insight to the ongoing digitalisation initiatives and planning improvement initiatives
- Drive logistics process improvement through the provision of relevant matrices
- B.Sc. or MSc degree in natural sciences, data sciences, economics or equivalent
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in an analyst and/or a project management role within performance management and improvement
- Hands-on experience with the use of BI tools for analyses, modelling and visualisation/presentation in support of decision making
- Demonstrated history of managing improvement projects to a high standard delivering business value
- Sound financial and commercial understanding
- Other relevant experience may qualify
- Excellent written and spoken Norwegian and English
- Strong commitment towards improvement agenda within a logistics setting
- Able to build and maintain strong and trusting internal and external relationships and team engagement.
- Personal drive and bias for action.
- Strong analytical skills, and ability to deal with complex or ambiguous data.
- Strong team work and interpersonal skills, promoting and acting according to our “One Team” philosophy
- Able to thrive within a complex matrix organisation and integrated teams
- Project management skills with high execution capacity
- Interest in developing basic technical understanding of Oil & Gas disciplines
- Self-starting high performer, adaptable to complex and changing environment
- Strong leadership & communication skills
- Competence and capability to transfer relevant technology development experience between industries and to a logistics setting
We can offer
- A position with large area of responsibility, high level of independency and an opportunity to make a difference
- Engaging company vision and a team that is strongly committed to delivering on the ambitious improvement agenda for Logistics and Operational support.
- Unique opportunity to be part of a dynamic and diverse team that challenges conventional practices within the company and the industry, whilst having fun
- An opportunity to work cross-functional across assets and business units on a wide range of performance improvement initiatives and developing insight and network within a large but dynamic organisation.
- Outstanding development opportunities within the company and excellent leadership and skill development programmes. Growth and development opportunities for the right candidates.
Our company is a perfect arena for creative, innovative and bold ideas: you can influence our future
Join Aker BP in changing the industry
Aker BP has a clear ambition to become the leading exploration and production company offshore. We are challenging the standard practices in the oil and gas industry. Now we are looking for people who want to take part in changing the industry and driving the improvements needed.
The future needs smarter and more efficient solutions for our business. We need creative and competent people to develop ideas and concepts for exploration and production offshore.
Aker BP provides exciting growth and development opportunities for the right candidates. The company is a perfect arena for creative, innovative, and daring ideas. We let you influence our future. You can make a change!
Aker BP is an exploration and production company on the Norwegian Continental Shelf. We are an ambitious Company, and we are one of the largest independent oil companies in Europe. The company is targeting further opportunities for growth and value creation through exploration and inorganic growth.
Aker BP has around 1400 employees distributed at our facilities offshore and onshore, with the headquarters just outside Oslo. Aker BP is owned by Aker ASA (40 %), BP (30 %) and other shareholders (30 %).