AkerBP is recognized as a front runner in our industry on digitalization. We work to digitalize the entire life cycle of our assets, from new ventures to abandonment, leveraging the full spectrum of digital technologies from machine learning in production optimization to augmented reality in offshore worker support. To do this we are working closely with a range of partners including the software companies like Cognite and Google, innovative start-ups, and our suppliers. With these strong partnerships, an agile and engaged organization, management and owners we believe we are uniquely positioned to succeed with digitalization. But we are far from having all the answers – and this is why we need you!
Duties and responsibilities
You will work in Eureka – Aker BP’s digital lab. In Eureka, we have “crews” with fulltime dedicated domain experts from Aker BP and IT experts from our partner Cognite or other technology partners. Each crew is working to solve a specific challenge by developing digital solutions in 16-week-sprints, testing with customers in the organization every two weeks. Your role will be in a crew. Typically, this means that you will be a translator between the Aker BP engineers and our technology partners. Together with the crew you will do what it takes to solve the challenge. Like you, we are a start-up!
This position is based either in Stavanger or Oslo.
- You have studied engineering, mathematics, physics or information technology and want to apply your knowledge to digitalize the physical world!
- You are graduating in 2019 with Master’s degree.
- You see the immerse potential in linking the physical world and the digital world.
- You are passionate about using data and software technology to optimize the way we operate the physical world around us.
- You are fascinated by big data, and big physics – heavy powerful machinery, massive constructions, and harsh conditions!
- You have an analytical mind.
- You are fluent in English and are able to communicate in Norwegian.
- As a person you are always looking for possible improvements and enjoy a good challenge.
- You are not afraid to test, fail and learn.
- You like to be challenged, show initiative and enjoy working in teams.
About Aker BP
Aker BP has a clear ambition – to become the leading offshore exploration and production company. We are challenging standard practices in the oil and gas industry. Now we are looking for people who want to take part in changing the industry and driving necessary improvements.
The future will require smarter and more efficient solutions for our business. We need creative and competent people to develop ideas and concepts for offshore exploration and production.
Aker BP provides exciting growth and development opportunities for the right candidates. The company is a perfect arena for creative, innovative and bold ideas. We let you influence our future. You can make a difference!
Aker BP is an exploration and production company on the Norwegian Continental Shelf. We are one of the largest independent oil companies in Europe, and we have significant ambitions. The company targets further opportunities for growth and value creation through both exploration and merger and acquisition activities.