As Chief Digital Officer & Senior Vice President you will be responsible for defining and leading the company’s digital strategy and for taking the business through a digital transformation.
Statoil is an international energy company with operations in more than 30 countries. Building on 40 years of experience from oil and gas production on the Norwegian continental shelf, we are committed to accommodating the world’s energy needs in a responsible manner, applying technology and creating innovative business solutions. We are headquartered in Norway with approx. 21,000 employees worldwide, and are listed on the New York and Oslo stock exchanges.
Statoil has launched a company-wide digital roadmap supported by a digital centre of excellence (CoE) to accelerate value creation from digital technologies. The Digital CoE will shape Statoil’s digital ambition, incubate new cross cutting digital initiatives, and support digital projects with capabilities.
Statoil’s ambition is to be a digital leader within its core operations. Digital technologies will improve safety, increase value creation, reduce the carbon footprint from our operations and enable new business models.
Statoil has always been a leader in application of cutting edge IT technologies and we have accumulated vast quantities of data. The full potential of these data is yet to be unlocked using advances in technology such as cloud computing and microservice architectures, application of advanced analytical algorithms within machine learning, deep learning, cognitive computing and artificial intelligence.
As Chief Digital Officer & Senior Vice President you will be responsible for defining and leading the company’s digital strategy and for taking the business through a digital transformation. You will manage a team of senior leaders within data science, enterprise data management and program managers for seven digital programmes across Statoil’s value chain. The unit will initially have approximately 40 highly competent employees and collaborate with a broad set of stakeholders across Statoil and externally.
- Lead, develop and expand a team of program managers, project leaders, data scientists and software developers.
- Set the direction and drive a digital transformation of Statoil
- Incubate new digital initiatives
- Prioritise digital projects in Statoil and monitor value creation from digital initiatives
- Systematically develop Statoil’s digital capabilities ensuring that the company has world class capabilities
- Act as a trusted advisor to Statoil’s executive leadership on topics related to digitalisation
- Define the business requirements for the company’s digital platform to enable advanced analytics, machine learning, predictive modelling and decision optimization
- Define and maintain Statoil’s enterprise data strategy ensuring that the company treats data as a strategic asset
- Identify and develop a digital ecosystem inhabited by Statoil ensuring the appropriate partnerships, joint ventures, M&A where appropriate and incubated opportunities are developed
- Solid understanding of the energy industry
- Proven experience in leading and inspiring a high-performing team by setting the direction, empower the team and deliver result
- Experience in leading a digital transformation in a complex and multi country operating environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English, including the ability to explain digital concepts and technologies to business leaders.
- Strong ability and desire to influence decisions and drive improvements
- The ability to work in close partnership with the business and leadership teams in order to drive commercial value from the digital technologies
- Innovative and creative combined with result orientation and commercialism
- Strong interest in understanding internal and external digital opportunities and how that can contribute to improve Statoils performance
- Networking skills and a proven collaborator
- High integrity and ability to role model our values
We offer competitive salaries, a general bonus scheme, good pension and insurance schemes and a comprehensive welfare package. Statoil wants to ensure diversity in terms of gender, age and culture.
Make sure that we are able to give your application consideration: Please attach copies of your diplomas, certificates and grades in English or Norwegian (or another Scandinavian language). Applications submitted without such attachments will unfortunately not be evaluated.
Our values are to be courageous, open, collaborative and caring. We believe in these qualities, which are essential for building an even stronger Statoil. If you can identify with them, you could be the one to strengthen our team.
Candidates are expected to openly offer all relevant information about themselves during the recruitment process.
All permanent and temporary hires will be screened against relevant sanctions lists to ensure compliance with sanctions law and increase security.
- JOB ID: 9147
- LOCATION: Stavanger, Bergen, Oslo – Norway
- CONTACT NAME: Bjørn Thomas Myhren
- WORKPLACE: Onshore
- DISCIPLINE: Information Technology
- EDUCATION PREFERRED: Master’s Degree
- EXPERIENCE PREFERRED: More than 10 years
- CLOSING DATE: Aug 31 2017
If you have questions about the position or the process, please send an email to