Statoil is an international energy company with operations in more than 30 countries. Building on 40 years of experience from oil and gas production on the Norwegian continental shelf, we are committed to accommodating the world’s energy needs in a responsible manner, applying technology and creating innovative business solutions. We are headquartered in Norway with approx. 21,000 employees worldwide, and are listed on the New York and Oslo stock exchanges.
The Chief Financial Officer’s (CFO) organisation is a driving force behind the creation of greater value in the company. We are responsible for the financial and legal functions, providing professional support and advice, and for representing the group in financial markets. A key task for us is to ensure high levels of ethical and financial compliance with corporate and external requirements. By means of active stakeholder management, CFO will manage the market perception of Statoil in Norwegian and international financial markets.
Statoil have launch a company-wide digital roadmap to accelerate value creation from digital technologies. Statoil’s ambition it to be a digital leader within its core operations. Digital technologies will improve safety, increase value creation, reduce the carbon footprint from our operations and enable new business models.
Statoil has always been a leader in application of cutting edge IT technologies and we have accumulated vast quantities of data – 26 petabytes today and 2500 petabytes expected by 2030. However, the full potential of these data is yet to be unlocked using advances in technology such as cloud computing and microservice architectures, application of advanced analytical algorithms within machine learning, deep learning, cognitive computing and artificial intelligence, and most importantly – your passion and creativity!
The IT unit in Global Business Services is the internal IT service provider in Statoil. GBS IT support and deliver business driven IT solutions throughout the company. We work closely with the business to ensure they have the right tools and data in place. GBS IT are working on developing digital solutions and services for the different business areas supporting their digital roadmaps. Based on our knowledge to existing solutions and data we will be an important part of the digitalisation of Statoil
Software development will be a core part, developing innovative software applications fit for purpose for end-user across the organisation.
This ad is part of an ongoing recruitment. Applications will be looked into and handled on a continuous basis.
- We are seeking both junior and more experienced software developers to:
- Be responsible for requirements analysis, design, implementation, testing, debugging, deployment and maintenance of software products to enable Statoil’s digital roadmap
- Collaborating with data scientists and data engineers to automate the process of software delivery and IT infrastructure, following the DevOps principles
- Support software engineering process improvements and establishment of best software engineering practices in Statoil
- Work location: Stavanger, Bergen or Trondheim
- Knowledge of the key software development methodologies and frameworks
- Experience in following agile, iterative and incremental software development methodologies (e.g. Scrum, Kanban)
- Deep understanding of object-oriented design and functional programming paradigms
- Proven software craftsmanship discipline and a commercial mindset towards development of software
- Proven skills within one or more development languages (e.g. Python, C#, C++, Java, JavaScrpt etc).
- Experience with statistics, mathematics, visualization or machine learning is beneficial
- Familiarity with a range of SQL and NoSQL database technologies, web and mobile development technologies (iOS)
- Knowledge and experience with Microsoft Azure cloud software
- 3-5 years of relevant experience preferred
- Relevant experience may compensate for formal qualifications
- Continuous learning and development attitude
- Innovative and creative combined with result orientation and commercialism
- Strong interest in understanding of external digital opportunities and how that can contribute to improve Statoil’s performance
- A positive “can do” attitude
- High integrity and ability to role model our values
- Ability to live by «I am safety» expectations
We offer competitive salaries, a general bonus scheme, good pension and insurance schemes and a comprehensive welfare package. Statoil wants to ensure diversity in terms of gender, age and culture.
Make sure that we are able to give your application consideration: Please attach copies of your diplomas, certificates and grades in English or Norwegian (or another Scandinavian language). Applications submitted without such attachments will unfortunately not be evaluated. If you are in the process of completing a degree, please upload an official temporary transcript or other document describing subjects and grades completed to this point.
Our values are to be courageous, open, collaborative and caring. We believe in these qualities, which are essential for building an even stronger Statoil. If you can identify with them, you could be the one to strengthen our team.
Candidates are expected to openly offer all relevant information about themselves during the recruitment process.
All hires will be screened against relevant sanctions lists to ensure compliance with sanctions law and increase security.
If you have questions about the position or the process please send an email to Digirecr@statoil.com
Please be aware that no applications or attachments to applications will be accepted via email.
Title and discipline band will be decided based on the candidate’s experience