Statoil is an international energy company with operations in more than 30 countries. Building on 40 years of experience from oil and gas production on the Norwegian continental shelf, we are committed to accommodating the world’s energy needs in a responsible manner, applying technology and creating innovative business solutions. We are headquartered in Norway with approx. 21,000 employees worldwide, and are listed on the New York and Oslo stock exchanges.
Technology, projects and drilling (TPD) is Statoil’s business area responsible for research and technology, project development and execution, well delivery and procurement. Having the corporate responsibility for technology implementation and project development puts us in the middle of making Statoil a competitive company facing the low carbon society.
Statoil is the largest subsea operator in the world and risers are key technology for our production and upcoming field developments. We are seeking candidates to strengthen our riser team in the Research & Technology unit
- Lead and execute research and technology development project
- Initiate and follow up technical studies
- Global and local analysis of riser systems
- MSc og PhD in marine hydrodynamics or structural engineering
- Minumum 5 years of work experience
- Hands-on experience with riser analysis
- Good communication skills in both Norwegian and English
- Relevant experience may compensate for formal qualifications.
- Self driven
- High motivation and good analytical skills
- Curious about new ideas, technology development and digitalization
- Team player
- Ability to live by «I am safety» expectations
We offer competitive salaries, a general bonus scheme, good pension and insurance schemes and a comprehensive welfare package. Statoil wants to ensure diversity in terms of gender, age and culture.
Make sure that we are able to give your application consideration: Please attach copies of your diplomas, certificates and grades in English or Norwegian (or another Scandinavian language). Applications submitted without such attachments will unfortunately not be evaluated.
Our values are to be courageous, open, collaborative and caring. We believe in these qualities, which are essential for building an even stronger Statoil. If you can identify with them, you could be the one to strengthen our team. Candidates are expected to openly offer all relevant information about themselves during the recruitment process.
All permanent and temporary hires will be screened against relevant sanctions lists to ensure compliance with sanctions law and increase security.
Please note that this a local position on local terms and conditions