Statoil is an international energy company with operations in more than 30 countries. Building on 40 years of experience from oil and gas production on the Norwegian continental shelf, we are committed to accommodating the world’s energy needs in a responsible manner, applying technology and creating innovative business solutions. We are headquartered in Norway with approx. 21,000 employees worldwide, and are listed on the New York and Oslo stock exchanges.
We seek motivated analysts in several areas for our Macro and Market Analysis units: «Energy Market, Macroeconomics and Analytics» (Stavanger); «Market Analysis Liquids» (Stavanger); «Market Analysis Gas» (Stavanger) and «Market Analysis Electricity» (Stavanger/Oslo).
Macro and Market Analysis has global corporate responsibility for:
- Analyzing markets including pricing for oil, oil products, NGLs, gas, LNG, electricity, coal, CO2 and shipping.
- Crude oil quality evaluations and price differentials.
- Trading analysis support on oil, oil products, gas and electricity to relevant trading desks.
- Providing insight and support on market developments and commodity prices related to business decisions and projects across the Statoil organization, e.g. exploration and development of oil and gas, development of wind and solar projects, various business development projects, as well as farm-in/farm-out options.
- Long-term energy market analyses, macroeconomic evaluations and analytical systems and tools.
Market Analysts are required for the Liquids team, Gas team and Electricity team, who will be engaged with:
Analysis and forecasting of market balances, trends and price evolution in one of the following areas:
- Global oil, oil products, NGLs & shipping (Liquids team, based in Stavanger)
- Global gas and LNG (Gas team, based in Stavanger)
- Global electricity, new renewables, coal and CO2 (Electricity team, based in Stavanger/Oslo)
Maintaining and developing supply, demand and price forecasting models
Price assessments and development of price scenarios
Support to Statoil’s daily trading operations (specific trading analysis positions)
Communication and presentation of market views to relevant stakeholders and management
Contributions to continuous development and implementation of methodology related to future commodity markets
Macroeconomic Analysts (based in Stavanger):
Provide business-relevant macroeconomic advice to multiple stakeholders
Represent the macroeconomic discipline in country entry processes
Recommend forecasts of macroeconomic indicators used in project evaluations, e.g. foreign exchange, interest and inflation rates
Publish regular and event-based macroeconomic and market updates
Provide macroeconomic support to the Chief Economist
Efficiently source, handle and visualize macroeconomic data
In your application, please indicate your preferred area of interest.
- Master’s degree within economics, finance, engineering, sustainability or political analysis. Relevant experience within analysis, marketing, trading, shipping, renewables or business development may compensate for formal education.
- Master’s degree within economics or finance.
- 0-7 years of experience within macro, commodity or energy market analysis, marketing, trading, shipping, renewables or business development, and/or strong interest for following market developments/trends and related quantitative and qualitative analysis work.
- Good IT skills and interest for digitalization.
- Strong proficiency in English.
- You adhere to and live the Statoil values Open, Courageous, Collaborative and Caring.
- You have strong analytical skills with a profound interest and ability to effectively develop and utilize models and tools in a commercial environment.
- You are structured and collaborative and eager to share your knowledge and insight with people around you.
- You communicate your work in a professional and efficient way orally and in writing.
- You strive for efficiency and continuous improvement.
- You are eager to develop and build new competence.
- You ensure compliance with relevant requirements and guidelines.
- You are a self-driven team player.
- You are curious and eager to develop your commercial mindset, with strong external orientation.
- You are able to work under pressure with short deadlines.
- Ability to live by «I am safety» expectations
We offer competitive salaries, a general bonus scheme, good pension and insurance schemes and a comprehensive welfare package. Statoil wants to ensure diversity in terms of gender, age and culture.
Make sure that we are able to give your application consideration: Please attach copies of your diplomas, certificates and grades in English or Norwegian (or another Scandinavian language). Applications submitted without such attachments will unfortunately not be evaluated. If you are in the process of completing a degree, please upload an official temporary transcript or other document describing subjects and grades completed to this point.
Our values are to be courageous, open, collaborative and caring. We believe in these qualities, which are essential for building an even stronger Statoil. If you can identify with them, you could be the one to strengthen our team. Candidates are expected to openly offer all relevant information about themselves during the recruitment process.
All permanent and temporary hires will be screened against relevant sanctions lists to ensure compliance with sanctions law and increase security.