Statoil is an international energy company with operations in more than 30 countries. Building on 40 years of experience from oil and gas production on the Norwegian continental shelf, we are committed to accommodating the world’s energy needs in a responsible manner, applying technology and creating innovative business solutions. We are headquartered in Norway with approx. 21,000 employees worldwide, and are listed on the New York and Oslo stock exchanges.
The Chief Financial Officer’s (CFO) organisation is a driving force behind the creation of greater value in the company. We are responsible for the financial and legal functions, providing professional support and advice, and for representing the group in financial markets. A key task for us is to ensure high levels of ethical and financial compliance with corporate and external requirements. By means of active stakeholder management, CFO will manage the market perception of Statoil in Norwegian and international financial markets.
GBS is the internal provider of global business support services to the Statoil group. GBS delivers services and expertise within finance and control, IT, HR, facility management, project deliveries, safety and sustainability, communication and management system. Our value proposition is: Statoil’s success is our business. Our key priorities are to make Statoil’s business easier, deliver better, faster and cost efficient services, adding value through sharing and balancing the business’ demand with corporate priorities. Building a sustainable GBS is our ambition.
One of Norway’s most challenging and exciting IT organisations needs new, talented employees to handle IT security incidents.
As part of the Computer Security Incident Response Team (CSIRT) your main tasks will be amongst the following:
- Responding to security breaches, malware attacks, and other incidents in enterprises that pose significant security risk
- Understand attacker motivations, intentions, characteristics, and methods to anticipate and improve response to sophisticated cyber attacks
- Conduct digital forensic investigations within a global enterprise across multiple platforms and technologies
- Prepare and conduct enterprise red team engagements and penetration tests of applications, networks and industrial control systems
- CSIRT are experts on information security who provides information and assistance to the rest of the organization
We encourage both established cyber security experts or more junior talents to apply. We especially value the following qualifications:
- Incident response or intrusion detection.
- Digital forensics, reverse engineering, penetration testing, threat intelligence, or system development.
- Understanding of threat actors and tactics, techniques, and procedures and cyber kill chain.
- Experience from collaborating with multiple groups such as internal business units, external incident response teams, and law enforcement throughout the entire incident lifecycle.
- Log analysis
- Ability to write code in one or more programming languages
- Computer Science background or equivalent
- Master or Bachelor degree or equivalent
- Work experience can compensate for lack of education
We are looking for candidates who have the following qualities:
- Analytical mindset
- Strong team player
- Excellent communicator
- Ability to live by «I am safety» expectations
We offer competitive salaries, a general bonus scheme, good pension and insurance schemes and a comprehensive welfare package. Statoil wants to ensure diversity in terms of gender, age and culture.
Make sure that we are able to give your application consideration: Please attach copies of your diplomas, certificates and grades in English or Norwegian (or another Scandinavian language). Applications submitted without such attachments will unfortunately not be evaluated. If you are in the process of completing a degree, please upload an official temporary transcript or other document describing subjects and grades completed to this point.
Our values are to be courageous, open, collaborative and caring. We believe in these qualities, which are essential for building an even stronger Statoil. If you can identify with them, you could be the one to strengthen our team.
Candidates are expected to openly offer all relevant information about themselves during the recruitment process.
All hires will be screened against relevant sanctions lists to ensure compliance with sanctions law and increase security.