Statoil is an international energy company with operations in more than 30 countries. Building on 40 years of experience from oil and gas production on the Norwegian continental shelf, we are committed to accommodating the world’s energy needs in a responsible manner, applying technology and creating innovative business solutions. We are headquartered in Norway with approx. 21,000 employees worldwide, and are listed on the New York and Oslo stock exchanges.
The New Energy Solutions (NES) business area reflects Statoil’s long term goal to complement the oil and gas portfolio with profitable renewable energy and other low-carbon energy solutions. NES aims to do this with the support of Statoil’s oil and gas competence, project delivery capabilities and ability to integrate technological solutions. NES’s core activities include a growing offshore wind portfolio, a Solar taskforce, operational responsibility for the Technology Centre Mongstad Carbon Capture and Storage (CCS) facility, and a portfolio of venture capital investments. NES is organised into 5 business clusters; Ventures (VEN); Strategy and Innovation (SI); Business Development (BD); Wind and Low Carbon Development (WALC); and New Energy Operations (NEO).
Shaping the future of energy
As the world’s population grows and becomes more prosperous, we need to provide more energy to heat and light homes, fuel transport and power the economy while reducing emissions of greenhouse gases. This is creating exciting new business opportunities for Statoil.
Statoil is seizing these opportunities by building on decades of experience in oil and gas. In New Energy Solutions (NES), we combine more than 40 years of oil and gas, technology integration and project execution capabilities with new business ideas and technology to position Statoil for a low carbon future.
NES’s core activities include a growing offshore wind portfolio, carbon capture and storage (CCS) operations, a portfolio of venture capital investments and most recently, a first transaction in a large-scale utility solar photovoltaic (PV) plant in Brazil.
Business development in NES is focused on origination and execution of renewable business opportunities for NES and Statoil. We are strengthening the solar team and are looking for the right person to fill the position as a solar analyst/developer.
- Screen solar development opportunities across a wide range of markets
- Qualitative and quantitative analysis of solar/renewable industry, markets and projects
- Proactively support project managers in negotiation and structuring of solar projects with developers, governments, off-takers and financiers
- Prepare decision background for solar business opportunities internally
- Bachelors or Master’s degree, preferably a combination of financial and technical
- 0-6 years of relevant renewables experience
- Keen interest in the renewables industry and particularly the commercial drivers
- Commercial and financial aptitude, knowledge or experience with project finance is an advantage
- Excellent English oral and written communication skills
- International experience and command of additional foreign language is an advantage
- Work experience can compensate for lack of education
- Ability to live by «I am safety» expectations
- Excellent commercial mindset and entrepreneurial drive
- Strong interpersonal skills and intercultural understanding
- Good networker with an open and collaborative attitude
- Self-motivated, proactive and able to work under pressure
- High level of personal integrity and ethical awareness
- Ability to live by Statoil’s values
We offer competitive salaries, a general bonus scheme, good pension and insurance schemes and a comprehensive welfare package. Statoil wants to ensure diversity in terms of gender, age and culture.
Make sure that we are able to give your application consideration: Please attach copies of your diplomas, certificates and grades in English or Norwegian (or another Scandinavian language). Applications submitted without such attachments will unfortunately not be evaluated. If you are in the process of completing a degree, please upload an official temporary transcript or other document describing subjects and grades completed to this point.
Our values are to be courageous, open, collaborative and caring. We believe in these qualities, which are essential for building an even stronger Statoil. If you can identify with them, you could be the one to strengthen our team. Candidates are expected to openly offer all relevant information about themselves during the recruitment process.
All permanent and temporary hires will be screened against relevant sanctions lists to ensure compliance with sanctions law and increase security.
Please note that this position may be relevant for other locations
Please note that this a local position on local terms and conditions on local terms and conditions
Statoil are looking for an experienced analyst but exceptional candidates with limited experience will also be considered