Statoil is an international energy company with operations in more than 30 countries. Building on 40 years of experience from oil and gas production on the Norwegian continental shelf, we are committed to accommodating the world’s energy needs in a responsible manner, applying technology and creating innovative business solutions. We are headquartered in Norway with approx. 21,000 employees worldwide, and are listed on the New York and Oslo stock exchanges.
Technology, projects and drilling (TPD) is Statoil’s business area responsible for research and technology, project development and execution, well delivery and procurement. Having the corporate responsibility for technology implementation and project development puts us in the middle of making Statoil a competitive company facing the low carbon society.
TPD Research & Technology has been nominated the corporate responsibility for the professional and technical quality of Manned Underwater Operations (Diving).
We are currently looking for an advisor within Diving and Subsea Intervention systems
- Advise within your discipline across business areas, units and networks
- Contribute to the development and implementation of strategies
- Ensure uniform standards, management and follow up of all Manned Underwater Operation (Diving) in Statoil group
- Active participation in international diving industry arenas
- Support and manage relevant external medical and physiological research in collaboration with company diving physician
- Challenge, identify and push competitive solutions based on overall assessment of health, safety and environment, economy and quality
- Identification of technological needs and possibilities leading to development of new cost-efficient solutions
- Support with solution identification and troubleshooting to projects and operations
- Drive standardisation work (through JIP’s, across borders and operators)
- Empower people within your discipline network to develop their competence and expertise
- Be a proactive ambassador improving collaboration, simplification and standardization across networks deliverables
- Proven record of collaboration across network
- Comprehensive professional competence
- Broad practical experience
- More than 10 years of relevant experience preferred
- Relevant experience may compensate for formal qualifications.
- Motivated by collaboration and enjoys working with people across networks, disciplines and organisational interfaces
- Good communicator, both oral and written
- Ability to realise our ambitions and follow through
- Ability to lead, empower and develop people
- Analytical, structured and result-oriented
- Enthusiastic about technology development and highly adaptable to change
- Self-driven and challenge accepted truths
- Good English skills
- Ability to live by our safety and security expectations
We offer competitive salaries, a general bonus scheme, good pension and insurance schemes and a comprehensive welfare package. Statoil wants to ensure diversity in terms of gender, age and culture.
Your People@Statoil development plan is the starting point for planning your career development in Statoil. A dialogue with your leader around new opportunities and direction is the basis for the job(s) you apply for. Please fill in the fields in our recruitment system application form to the best of your ability. It is expected that you openly offer all relevant information about yourself during the recruitment process.
All permanent and temporary hires will be screened against relevant sanctions lists to ensure compliance with sanctions law and increase security.