We’re the largest operator in Norway, among the world’s largest offshore operators, and a growing force in renewables. Driven by our Nordic urge to explore beyond the horizon, and our dedication to safety, equality and sustainability, we’re building a global business on our values and the energy needs of the future.
The Chief Financial Officer’s (CFO) organisation is a driving force behind the creation of greater value in the company. We are responsible for the financial and legal functions, providing professional support and advice, and for representing the group in financial markets. A key task for us is to ensure high levels of ethical and financial compliance with corporate and external requirements. By means of active stakeholder management, CFO will manage the market perception of Equinor in Norwegian and international financial markets.
GBS is the internal provider of global business support services to the Equinor group. GBS delivers services and expertise within finance and control, IT, HR, facility management, project deliveries, safety and sustainability, communication and management system. Our value proposition is: Equinor’s success is our business. Our key priorities are to make Equinor’s business easier, deliver better, faster and cost efficient services, adding value through sharing and balancing the business’ demand with corporate priorities. Building a sustainable GBS is our ambition.
- You report to the leader of ITX NO with a dotted line to ITX TEC/CFO TAX OPER.
- The main responsibility relates to efficient and effective set-up of information systems and adoption of right information technology as a core capability and facilitator for the Tax function.
- You are the first point of contact on system matters for Norwegian indirect taxes; this can be both towards ITX NO and towards the business areas.
- You are the first point of contact on global system matters for direct tax You are part of the tax technology forum and actively contribute with improvement suggestions. You share knowledge, communicate progress and work closely with the ITX TEC team.
- You support relevant projects in Equinor with your understanding of the information value chain and specialized competence in information and tax data management both for direct/indirect tax.
- You will play a key role in ensuring that indirect and direct tax requirements will be sufficiently incorporated in the next generation ERP in Equinor.
- You build competence within the tax function on data management by giving trainings, mentoring, on the task knowledge sharing.
- You follow up the digital agenda from tax authorities globally and translate the impact for Equinor.
- Coordinate contacts with internal and external stakeholders on tax data management.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in the area of business intelligence, information/business analyst/architecture, business warehouse solutions/models, and data management, preferably in the tax area
- Long experience in working with IT-systems and tools like SAP, Excel, SQL, Office and thereby have the ability to understand and apply new technology.
- Long experience in analysing and understanding of business processes related preferably to tax
- Preferably the above working experience has been acquired within oil and gas activities.
- Relevant experience may compensate for formal qualifications.
- More than 10 years of relevant experience preferred.
- A high sense of data intuition
- Strong data analysis skills (Data visualisation & communication)
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels of the organization and to work with others in achieving goals and objectives
- Curious for new digital tools and technologies
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, deadline driven collaborative team environment.
- Fluent in Norwegian and English
- A flexible, analytical and critical mindset.
- Committed to Equinor’s values and high ethical standards.
- Ability to live by our safety and security expectations.
We offer competitive salaries, a general bonus scheme, good pension and insurance schemes and a comprehensive welfare package. Equinor wants to ensure diversity in terms of gender, age and culture.
Make sure that we are able to give your application consideration: Please attach copies of your diplomas, certificates and grades in English or Norwegian (or another Scandinavian language). Applications submitted without such attachments will unfortunately not be evaluated. If you are in the process of completing a degree, please upload an official temporary transcript or other document describing subjects and grades completed to this point.
Our values are to be courageous, open, collaborative and caring. We believe in these qualities, which are essential for building an even stronger Equinor. If you can identify with them, you could be the one to strengthen our team.
Candidates are expected to openly offer all relevant information about themselves during the recruitment process.
All hires will be screened against relevant sanctions lists to ensure compliance with sanctions law and increase security.
Please be aware that no applications or attachments to applications will be accepted via email.
Title and discipline band will be decided based on the candidate’s experience