- Requisition ID: 2017-9374
- Business Area: Oil & Gas
- Location: NO-Stavanger
- Category/Discipline: Consulting
- Position Type: Permanent employment
- Close Date (dd/mm/yyyy) :18/8/2017
Purpose and accountabilities:
Do you want to work with leading experts in risk management? DNV GL strengthens strategic risk management capabilities towards the Oil & Gas industry.
DNV GL has the ambition of growing its presence in Stavanger in line with the strategy of further strengthening the position within Risk Management Advisory in Norway Oil and Gas.
An important part of this strategy is responding to a growing market within Risk and HSEQ Advisory for projects, drilling and operations offering senior capabilities through secondments and/or projects.
The Principal Consultants are key in building and growing a sound business within Risk Management capitalizing on own networks with senior E&P customers and the wide competence base of DNV GL as well as fully embracing the opportunities offered by digitalization.
Working with DNV GL gives a unique opportunity to become part of a large & highly competent professional network (nationally and internationally) within risk management and a wide range of technical disciplines. We expect all Principal Consultants to utilize this network to strengthen own competence and to serve our customers in the best possible way.
Leadership and business development:
- Demonstrated ability to lead and develop business and people.
- A strong commercial mindset – with proven results.
- Proactive and able to lead change – a strong business operator.
- Experience from Management Consulting companies and way of working/methods.
- A broad understanding of the oil and gas business and the NCS.
- Strong networks and relationships with key market players.
- Ability to effectively communicate with senior customer representatives.
- Able to be working independently, but also effectively with and through others – joint approach
- Insight in key business processes and operations of the Oil & Gas industry and financial industry
- Able to demonstrate and utilize both domain and digital competence in meeting business needs/objectives
- Documented experience with operations and transactions of assets and fields (e.g. Due diligence, financial services)
- Ability to run and further develop Risk Management Services of highly complex concepts, classes of business or operational opportunities. This may involve assessment of risk, exposure, opportunities
- and profit potential.
- Develops, maintains, and utilizes key business relationships with business partners, professional organizations, and industry groups to strengthen the overall quality, accuracy and impact of Risk Management Services.
- Delivering Holistic Risk governance, plans and deliverables in different phases of Field Development projects and Operations based on best practice Risk Mgmt. Framework
- Ensuring compliance to regulations and internal business requirements of the Operators and other organizations
Education and Experience:
- Higher technical education (minimum Bachelor Degree or equivalent) in relevant discipline.
- Several years of relevant experience, preferably from delivery of Risk related services in Field Development, drilling and/or operations in the E&P business-and other critical infrastructure industries
- Fluency in English and strong communication skills in Norwegian language
- Self-starter, self-motivated, open minded, strongly team oriented with a passion to drive risk management improvement processes on company level of clients
- Excellent inter-personal and communication skills, specifically related to managing and motivating project teams
- Technically strong in own discipline and highly motivated individual with good communication and networking skills
Company & Business Area Description
Driven by our purpose of safeguarding life, property and the environment, DNV GL enables organisations to advance the safety and sustainability of their business. We provide classification and technical assurance along with software and independent expert advisory services to the maritime, oil & gas and energy industries. We also provide certification services to customers across a wide range of industries.
Combining leading technical and operational expertise, risk methodology and in-depth industry knowledge, DNV GL empowers our customers’ decisions and actions with trust and confidence. We continuously invest in research and collaborative innovation to provide customers and society with operational and technological foresight.
Originated in 1864, DNV GL operates globally in more than 100 countries with our 15,000 professionals dedicated to helping our customers make the world safer, smarter and greener.
DNV GL is the leading technical advisor to the global oil and gas industry. We enable safe, reliable and enhanced performance in projects and operations.
We provide consistent, integrated services within technical and marine assurance and advisory, risk management advisory and offshore classification. Together with our partners, we drive the industry forwards by developing best practices and standards.
Our people combine industry expertise, multi-disciplinary skills and innovation to solve complex challenges for our customers.