Statoil is always looking to attract the best and most qualified talents. Our Corporate Graduate Programme is aimed at applicants who have recently graduated from a Master’s or PhD degree. The programme accelerates the learning and development of new employees and supports our international ambitions.
Statoil is an international energy company with operations in more than 30 countries. Building on 40 years of experience from oil and gas production on the Norwegian continental shelf, we are committed to accommodating the world’s energy needs in a responsible manner, applying technology and creating innovative business solutions. We are headquartered in Norway with approx. 21,000 employees worldwide, and are listed on the New York and Oslo stock exchanges.
Legal (LEG) is the competence unit for all legal matters related to the Statoil group’s business areas and corporate activities and consist of legal experts, specialists, consultants, and qualified support personnel. The department has overall responsibility for advising on all legal matters and on ethics and anti-corruption compliance, undertaking Integrity Due Diligence research and acting as the Corporate Bodies’ secretariat within the Statoil group.
Legal is a group specialist function for legal matters related to the company’s business areas and corporate activities. Legal is also responsible for ethics, anti-corruption and integrity due diligence.The unit is accordingly responsible for general business law and petroleum law within the group, corporate compliance and corporate bodies’ secretariat.The rotation programme will imply rotation to several of the teams in Legal’s unit structure.
- Legal support to the Statoil Group Business Area and Corporate staff and support functions
- Drafting, negotiation and management of a wide range of contracts and commercial arrangements
- Business ethics and compliance advisory work
- Dispute resolution and litigation
- Regulatory framework, emerging legislation and legal risk management
- Master’s degree in Law with good academic record
- No more than two years of relevant fulltime work experience
- Fluent in English and one of the Scandinavian languages
- International work and/or study experience preferred
- Extra curriculum activities and/or voluntary work is an advantage
- Live our values and by our safety expectations
- High ethical awareness and integrity
- Organized, with ability to prioritise activities, provide advice and make decisions in complex situations with many parties involved<
- Ability to work independently, demonstrate initiative and deal with ad hoc requests as part of a role that does not naturally have a standard routine
- Strong team work capabilities
We offer competitive salaries, a general bonus scheme, good pension and insurance schemes and a comprehensive welfare package. Statoil wants to ensure diversity in terms of gender, age and culture.
- Please make sure that when applying, you attach the following:
CV/ resume in English
- Copy of diploma(s) for all completed degrees (Bachelor’s, Master’s, PhD or equivalents) in English or Scandinavian language
- Transcripts of records (or other documents describing subjects and grades) obtained to this point during your studies in English or Scandinavian language. If you are in the process of completing a degree, please upload an official temporary transcript
Applications submitted without these attachments will unfortunately not be evaluated. However, if you have already attached the required documents to another Graduate 2018 opening, you do not need to upload them again.
Our values are to be open, collaborative, courageous and caring. We believe in these qualities, which are essential for building an even stronger Statoil. If you can identify with them, you could be the one to strengthen our team.
Our safety expectations: Safety is integrated in everything we do and are applicable to all – “I am safety” Accountable, visible and engaged.
Candidates are expected to openly offer all relevant information about themselves during the recruitment process.
All permanent and temporary hires will be screened against relevant sanctions lists to ensure compliance with sanctions law and increase security.
- JOB ID: 9544
- COUNTRY: Norway, Norway, Norway
- LOCATION: Oslo, Stavanger, Bergen
- COMPANY: Statoil ASA
- CONTACT NAME: Statoil Recruitment Team
- WORKPLACE: Onshore
- DISCIPLINE: Legal
- EDUCATION PREFERRED: Master’s Degree
- EXPERIENCE PREFERRED: Less than 2 years
- CLOSING DATE: Oct 31 2017
For technical issues and other queries please contact us at [email protected]