Statoil is always looking to attract the best and most qualified talents. Our Corporate Graduate Programme is aimed at applicants who have recently graduated from a Master’s or PhD degree. The programme accelerates the learning and development of new employees and supports our international ambitions.
Statoil is an international energy company with operations in more than 30 countries. Building on 40 years of experience from oil and gas production on the Norwegian continental shelf, we are committed to accommodating the world’s energy needs in a responsible manner, applying technology and creating innovative business solutions. We are headquartered in Norway with approx. 21,000 employees worldwide, and are listed on the New York and Oslo stock exchanges.
Statoil’s 2-year Commercial graduate programme will kick-start your transition from student to professional, with opportunities to contribute in some of the company’s most exciting commercial areas.
You will engage in at least 2 rotational assignments, structured learning through the Statoil University, mentoring and on-the-job learning to develop commercial awareness, core competencies and experiences, along with strong professional networks.
Your exact assignment and location will be decided based on your field of expertise and our business needs.
You are essential to Statoil’s ability to deliver new realities and new opportunities. You will put to work your commercial aptitude and creativity to engage in tasks within Finance & Control potentially involving:
- Finance, accounting and internal control; Improving accounting processes. Prepare and analyse external financial reporting products and assessing complex accounting and financial reporting issues
- Investment and portfolio analysis, provide analytical and decision support to investment and business projects as well as strategic processes.
- Performance management, engage in improvements and follow up on strategic objectives, risks, actions and KPIs
- Group finance provide funding, cash and other financial asset management, insurance as well as financial structuring of new and existing business.
- Challenge and support the organisation regarding business decisions and priorities
- Master’s degree or PhD with good academic record within business analytics, industrial economics, finance, accounting and auditing, economics and strategy for for business or other related fields of study
- No more than two years of relevant fulltime work experience
- Fluent in English and preferably a second working language
- International work and/or study experience preferred
- Extra curriculum activities and/or voluntary work is an advantage
- Proven ability to work in teams with strong analytical skills
- Digital competence an advantage
- Live our values and by our safety expectations
- Strategic and commercial instinct, talent for business and building relationships
- Strong analytical capacity
- Structured, performance oriented and forward leaning Working well in teams and with other people
- Dare to be courageous, challenge and be innovative
- Curious and eager to learn
- Have a high ethical standard
We offer competitive salaries, a general bonus scheme, good pension and insurance schemes and a comprehensive welfare package. Statoil wants to ensure diversity in terms of gender, age and culture.
Please make sure that when applying, you attach the following:
- CV/ resume in English
- Copy of diploma(s) for all completed degrees (Bachelor’s, Master’s, PhD or equivalents) in English or Scandinavian language
- Transcripts of records (or other documents describing subjects and grades) obtained to this point during your studies in English or Scandinavian language. If you are in the process of completing a degree, please upload an official temporary transcript
Applications submitted without these attachments will unfortunately not be evaluated. However, if you have already attached the required documents to another Graduate 2018 opening, you do not need to upload them again.
Our values are to be open, collaborative, courageous and caring. We believe in these qualities, which are essential for building an even stronger Statoil. If you can identify with them, you could be the one to strengthen our team.
Our safety expectations: Safety is integrated in everything we do and are applicable to all – “I am safety” Accountable, visible and engaged.
Candidates are expected to openly offer all relevant information about themselves during the recruitment process.
All permanent and temporary hires will be screened against relevant sanctions lists to ensure compliance with sanctions law and increase security.
- JOB ID: 9557
- COUNTRY: Norway, Norway
- LOCATION: Oslo, Stavanger
- COMPANY: Statoil ASA
- CONTACT NAME: Statoil Recruitment Team
- WORKPLACE: Onshore
- DISCIPLINE: Finance & Control
- EDUCATION PREFERRED: Master’s Degree
- EXPERIENCE PREFERRED: Less than 2 years
- CLOSING DATE: Oct 31 2017
For technical issues and other queries please contact us at GraduateRecruitment@statoil.com